Here’s another thing I have added to the list of things I don’t have to buy…enchilada sauce!! I tried a few FAILURE recipes before this one…and this one is AMAZING! For the effort it takes to make a batch, I usually double or triple to have some to freeze.
- 3TB butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp cummin
- 3 TB chili powder
- Melt butter in skillet on medium high.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth gradually, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Cook until it boils and thickens.
- Stir in tomato sauce and spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.