I’m back from a weekend get-away to the Oregon coast! I went alone and met up with my brothers, dad, step-mom and all Dad’s side of the extended family.
We had a wonderful time enjoying the ocean views and the company and the yummy seafood!
In celebration of my homecoming I wanted to share a yummy recipe I developed before I left. I used some of the Alaskan Dungeness crab my husband caught and brought back home last month! If you’re not well stocked on fresh crab I’m sure canned would be just fine!
- I small package of baby Portobello mushrooms (there were about 10-12 mushrooms in the package)
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- 1/4 cup soft (whole wheat bread) crumbs
- half a lemon
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves minced (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1 green onion stalk (minced)
- 1 egg
- dash of fresh or dry dill weed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 T butter or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Gently wash off mushrooms with a wet paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems from the caps and finely chop the stems.
2. With butter or olive oil saute the chopped mushroom stems with green onion, basil, and dill for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and dark-colored. Set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl mix crab meat, soft bread crumbs, egg, and Parmesan cheese. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture and stir together. Add the chopped and cooked mushroom stems to the crab meat mix and stir.
4. Gently spoon mixture into the raw mushroom caps and bake for about 10 minutes until caps are dark brown and mixture on top is a light golden brown. (I had extra crab meat mixture which I layered with zucchini in a casserole dish and baked! YUM!)