Hey folks! I’m a little late posting this because my Plan A didn’t turn out quite like I expected this morning. My homemade graham crackers need some tweaking before I can post it…so here’s Plan B: Lemon Sugar Scrub!
I don’t know about you, but I’m not quite ready for summer yet. Beautiful clear sunny days, sure! But wearing shorts and sundresses?!?! Not yet! (And don’t even get me started on swimsuits!) 😉
My lack of enthusiasm for shorts is due to some patches of rough skin I have on my knees and elbows…and that’s where this lemon sugar scrub comes in handy! Lemon juice is a natural exfoliator and with the raw sugar and a little olive oil you’ve got an all-natural
cheap frugal body polish that both exfoliates and moisturizes (and hopefully eliminates those rough patches!)
- one lemon
- raw sugar (also known as turbinado sugar)
- olive oil
- favorite essential oil (optional)
Roll lemon on counter top or hard surface for easier juicing. Juice lemon.
Pour sugar into lemon juice and stir together until a thick paste forms (I used about 1/2 a cup of sugar.)
Add a tablespoon of olive oil and about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (preferably one that goes with the lemon scent! I used neroli, but bergamot or coriander would go well too!)
To use your lemon sugar scrub simply stir it up and scoop a small amount on your hand or washcloth and gently rub any rough patches of skin for about a minute. Rinse off and use your favorite moisturizer. (Maybe even your own lotion if you read this post! Or my other favorite DIY beeswax lotion!)
**couple of warnings**
- I used a cute glass jar for pictures (or to give as gifts), but for our house I keep the scrub in a plastic container for the bathroom: don’t want glass breaking in the bathtub or anything!!!
- Be careful to rinse the shower/tub really well when done using: the olive oil might make things a little slippery!
- For a finer scrub try using regular sugar or table salt, but I wouldn’t use the raw sugar version on your face or on sensitive skin.
- Don’t use everyday. You know your own skin, so use as often as you see fit, but I wouldn’t use it more than 3 or 4 times a week. Too much exfoliation is NOT a good thing!
This is recipe is fast, easy, all natural, and won’t cost ya an arm and a leg! Instead it will give you nice smooth arms and legs!!!! Make some for yourself and give some away as a gift! Give me a week and now I’ll be ready for summer! How about you?
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
And please don’t forget to enter our Shutterfly Giveaway to win a free 8X8 photo book!